Wednesday, June 19, 2019

Bike Update

Thanks to a chilly and wet spring, biking season got off to a slow start this year.  I'm happy to report that I've logged a few nice trips recently.  It's really nothing out of the ordinary-- just pedaling about the small towns that surround me.

New year, same old story.  LED street lights aren't as good as the ones they replaced, even if they do save energy.  The roads are still a mess.  There is something new this year-- dirt and rocks loosened up and pushed onto the streets by all the recent rain.  People still run their clothes dryers and fire up their grills in the middle of the night.  Drivers are mostly courteous and give me plenty of room.  Visibility helps.  I always wear my reflective vest.

One thing is a little odd this year.  2018 seemed to be a banner year for stray cats, skunks, bunnies and possums.  The critter count seems to be down this year.

Look for animal updates as the summer continues.