Monday, July 22, 2019

Fore!

Let's establish a few things off the top.  I have nothing more than a passing interest in golf, and I haven't picked up a club since college.  The folks like it, so I'll watch some TV coverage with them when I get the chance.

Something happened Thursday that blew me away.

British Open in Northern Ireland.  Rory McIlroy, and Irish kid, had an absolutely horrible round, finishing 8 over par.  It was a disaster from the first swing to the last, and in front of his home country fans.  Embarrassing, to say the least.

When McIlroy's round ended, he stopped to talk, live, with a reporter from The Golf Channel.  Most of us, myself included, would have uttered a three word phrase and walked away.  McIlroy didn't.

We are so used to seeing athletes at their worst.

This guy is a class act.