Sunday, August 11, 2019

Classic Andy's Angles: Inner Harbor

Above is another late 80;s photo from the Inner Harbor in Baltimore, and for the life of me, I don't remember why I took this particular photo.  It shows a piece of sculpture and the water.  Some cranes in the distance showed something was going on here, and that's one of the reasons I enjoyed visiting.  It was always different-- new construction, new boats traveling in and out, new attractions.

A bizarre aside:  The building to the right is the World Trade Center.  23 stores, observatory at the top, great views if the weather is clear.  I took this on one of those famous 3000 per cent relative humidity Baltimore \soupy summer mornings.  As noted earlier, I was in Baltimore on 9/11/01.  I was listening to the radio, and I heard those initial reports of a small plane hitting the World Trade Center.  Because I was in Baltimore, I immediately thought of this building.  You know how it turned out.  Like most Americans, I couldn't wrap my head around the horror that was unfolding.