Wednesday, January 8, 2020

Scrapple 2020


I shed no tears over Philadelphia and New England getting knocked out of the NFL playoffs.  However, they have to be crying at the networks over the loss of two big market teams.

I usually pick playoff games in this space, but I'm slightly estranged from the NFL these days.  I just can't get excited over football.  Maybe I'll do the league championship games, and most likely the Super Bowl next month.

Golden Globes awarded Sunday night.  The nominees and winners were all mysteries to me.

It's been feeling un-winter-like, and I'm not complaining. Why do I have the feeling we'll pay for this in February and March?

If the Dallas Cowboys are such a classy organization, why did it let Jason Garrett twist in the wind for a week?

I'm not in the market for a new television and I'm shocked at how inexpensive they've become.

Enough with Baby Yoda!

The New York Post still produces a very good business and media section.

Pier 1 closing 450 stores.  I can't remember the last time I visited one.

Macy's is closing 15 more stores.  The closest are Harrisburg and State College.

Yahoo ran a story from "Country Living."  The topic was the "Five types of butter you should keep in your kitchen."  Are you kidding me?  Five?  Me?  One.  The one on sale.