Friday, May 22, 2020

Memorial Day Weekend


It's the start of Memorial Day weekend-- traditionally the start of the summer season.

Something tells me it's not going to be much of a summer this year.  I hope I'm wrong.

At least, the current situation gives us the opportunity to count our blessings and remember the sacrifices of those who came before us.  I hope we all get a chance to remember the efforts of the people on the front line of the current situation.

I recently set out to capture some scenes appropriate for the weekend.  This one is in full focus.  There will be some variations on the theme throughout the weekend.  Along with the photos, there will be a line or two about technique.  Fair warning:  Some of the photos came out pretty good, even if I do say so myself.  I'm no expert and what you will see here wasn't all that difficult.  YouTube is full of videos that can guide you in the right direction.