Monday, May 25, 2020

Memorial Day

Memorial Day 2020 will be unlike any other in American history, and that is an understatement.

While it might not be the barbecue and family gathering weekend of recent years, the core sentiments remain-- remember those who gave their lives for our country, remember those who served and survived, and are no longer with us.

As I have said here in the past, Memorial Day has morphed in to a second Veterans Day, a day when we thank all those who wore the uniform.  I'm okay with that.  Those men and women cannot be thanked enough.

I'll close the serious part as I always do:  "Please, remember what the day is all about."

This is the last in my mini series of depth of field experiments.  I should note that all the photos were taken at Cathedral Cemetery on Oram Street in Scranton.  The staff really had the place looking great, and they should be commended.  Also, a huge thank you to all the volunteers who placed flags here, and at cemeteries throughout our area.