Sunday, August 16, 2020

Andy's Angles: Light Trails and the Location

This is another Interstate 81 light streak shot, taken the same day and time as the one you saw yesterday.

This one made me chuckle a bit when I saw it blown up.  Take a close look at the red streak taking a swerve toward the top right of the photo.  Apparently, we had a driver who didn't know whether to bear right and stay on 81, or go straight, toward the 84/380 junction.

I like doing the slow shutter speed thing, but it's tough find a place with a good line of sight.  There are fences lining most highway overpasses these days, and that's a good thing.  It's also difficult to find a place where you can shoot safely.

I'm on the O'Neil Highway in Dunmore, looking over Interstate 81.  There is no fence here.  There should be.  I donned my reflective vest and snapped off a few shots.  Admittedly, it wasn't the safest place in the world, but there wasn't much traffic at 4 am.

I got what I was looking for,  and took off.  The shots could have been composed a little better, but I didn't want to be overly risky and spend a lot of time out there.

I'm always scouting for interesting, yet safe locations.