Monday, August 24, 2020

Vacation

No, not yet.  But, I do have a week off right after Labor Day.  More on that in the weeks to come.

I do have a few friends, getting in their last time off before the end of the month, and the end of summer.  Most head for the beach.

I haven't been to the jersey shore in decades, and I have no plan of heading that way any time soon.  Several people I work with, and friends outside of work, love it.

I'm sure it has some advantages-- and the pictures do look nice.

I hate crowds and noise, even before the current situation, so the shore is out.

Back when I was getting away more often, I was content with a long, slow drive to Erie on Route 6, one of America's great roads.  I'd get a downtown hotel room, sit on a bench, and watch the lake.

Another destination was Baltimore.  Always plenty to do.  Plus, I'd visit friends in the Harrisburg area on the way back.  Let's just say Charm City isn't what it used to be.

I'm simply happy sleeping, riding my bike and playing with my camera.