Saturday, September 19, 2020

Andy's Angles: Motorcycle Run

 


It's become a yearly thing for me-- a quick visit to the start of the motorcycle run honoring SGT Jan Argonish.  He was killed in Afghanistan 13 years ago.  Family and friends put together a motorcycle run to raise money for veterans' charities.  While I never met Jan, I do know his parents.  Good people.  Kudos to the organizers for making it happen this year.  There were several restrictions spurred by the current situation, and I get that.

Speaking of which, even though the ride began in an open field, in the great outdoors, I wasn't totally comfortable being in a big bunch of people, even with a mask and other precautions.

Above and below are my solutions.  I took some photos as the motorcycles rode up Dunmore Street in Throop.  I was able to wave to Jan's father, so the family knows they have my support, even though for the first time in eight years, I wasn't there for the start.



I was thrown for a bit of a loop this year.  Usually, Throop is at the front end of the run.  This year, the course was reversed and it was toward the end.

It was worth the wait.

Tomorrow, some experimental photography.