Friday, November 13, 2020

Andy's Angles: Last Leaf

 

I am very hard on myself when it comes to photography.  It's rare that I get a shot and say "Jeez O'Pete, I really like that one."

Today, it's the exception to the rule-- blessed simplicity.  Yellow, sunlit leaf against a web of brown branches and a blue sky.  I like it.

The story?  I was shooting along the Lackawanna River at Archbald Tuesday morning, and I captured some very nice scenes.  I was walking back to my car when this caught my eye-- the last leaf on a tree, the branch just over my head.  The sun was hitting it perfectly.

I tried the shot a few different ways-- blurred and sharp.  Below is the "sharp" version.

I like the blurred background version a bit better.  The sharp is still pretty good.  Some might suggest it's better and I get that.  It seems more "alone" in the second photo.

 I'm not a big "supernatural" person, but I do think there are times when there are messages in the things we see around us.  Is this a sign to keep hanging on, and hanging in?

I'll be thinking about this one for a while.