Wednesday, November 4, 2020

The Day After

 

Well, here is is, just after midnight and I wish I had more to talk about.

Here is what we do know.  

Outside of Lackawanna County, Northeastern and Central Pennsylvania appears to be Trump Country.  The Democratic party had better sit up and take notice, regardless of who becomes president.  Has the Democratic party gone too far left for middle America?

Bridget Malloy Kosierowski defeated James May in the 114th.  I am not alone in saying I'm surprised the media savvy May didn't run a more active campaign.  It appears he was hoping President Trump's popularity would carry him over the top.  As it turns out, Trump didn't do well in Lackawanna County.  I'm sure being the face of the organization you love to hate, Penndot, didn't help James May.

Tim Twardzik used great name recognition to launch to victory in the 123rd.

Tara Toohill crushed the political comeback of Todd Eachus in the 116th.  Impressive vote total.

Everything else, as I write this, looks too close to call, or there aren't enough numbers in yet.

I will say this:  Was this election a surprise?  The early morning hours were filled with calls about polling places and machinery, throughout the area, being down.  You deserve better.