Saturday, December 12, 2020

Andy's Angles: Fail

 

It seems only fitting that the last full weekend of photos before the end of year "Top 10" countdown is from a failed expedition.

I really had high hopes for this one, and it looked great in my mind.  I just couldn't pull it off.

I thought the top of Green Ridge Street in Scranton, at the intersection with Main, whould be great for light trails.  You get a really long and straight run from Main, looking all the way into Dunmore.

There were a couple of problems.  First, I waited until it was close to dawn so there would be more traffic.  Light trails don't have much of an effect when the sky is too bright.

The second, it really doesn't work when you are on the same plane as the headlights, and they're coming right at you.  It's better when you're off to the side, and even better when you are up above.

More on this failed attempt tomorrow.