Monday, December 14, 2020

Math Game

 

I've become more tolerant of winter in recent years, and there are two reasons for that.

As you age, you will find that time passes more quickly.  The other reason:  recent winters really haven't been all that bad.  The long range forecasts show this winter should follow the trend, but I'm not betting the farm on it-- especially with this week's forecast.

As I write this, the biggest storm in a few years is approaching, followed by a cold snap.  Luck is on my side.  I'll be off when the storm hits and the roads should be fine by the time I have to make my way back to work.  It will interfere in some appointments and errands, but if that's the worst that happens, I consider myself lucky.  Be safe!

It's my yearly thing to do a little math when the temperature dips.  December, January and February are the coldest months of the year-- and often the snowiest.  Remember, we have had some huge snow storms in March.  Be that as it may, each day compromises about one per cent of winter.  We are already 14 per cent in!

For me, January is always the toughest nut to crack.  Some years, it seems like it lasts forever.

We'll do a little more math in a month, when winter is half over.