Saturday, February 6, 2021

About the Cover

 

I will admit that January was not a good photography month for me.  The weather wasn't the greatest, I worked a couple of extra days, and I didn't have a lot of spare time.  Translation:  the camera stayed in the bag.

In setting out for a February blog header, I wanted something that said "winter," but time wasn't on my side.


I did what I usually do when I'm waiting to pick up my Texas weiner order from Green Ridge News.  I drove by the near by Von Storch maintenance area to see what rolled in.  Much to my glee, a crane was spending a little time there.  The shot looks to the west, with a stack from the old Scranton Lace visible on the left side of the shot, behind the tree.

These cranes are amazing.  They can lift and toss around engines and box cars like they are toys.  Unfortunately, you usually see them at derailments.  It was nice to see one parked on a winter morning.