Tuesday, February 16, 2021

OMW

 

...stands for Old Man Winter.

As I write this on Monday morning, every county in the state is under a winter weather advisory, a watch or a warning.  Some of us will get ice.   Some get snow.  Most get that dreaded wintry mix.  I do consider myself fortunate.  I'm off Tuesday and have nowhere to go.  I can watch it fall, and scrape it away when it's done.

But, the focus of today's entry is the winter of 20-21.  It reminds me of the winters we had when I was a kid.  There was a storm a week, sometimes two, and it was cold all the time.

Outside of a few big storms, recent winters have been generally mild and with only a few big snow storms.  I cannot help but wonder if those years were the anomalies, or if this year is the blip.

Be that as it may, there really isn't anything you can do about it.  I saw a long range forecast that calls for normal temperatures and things running a little above normal.

March can be a cruel month, and there is plenty of winter left.

I think of those old days, and wonder how we made it though.