Thursday, March 4, 2021

I'm "That Guy."

 

There is something you should know about me.

When you step on my toe, I scream.  I write letters to businesses and organizations that do things poorly.  I also write letters to businesses and organizations that do things right.  And, I sign my name.

I fill out the surveys that have links on receipts.  I fill out the surveys that are emailed to me.

Yes, I am "that guy."

A mini mart chain, a drug store chain and a warehouse store chain all have the same question on their surveys.  It goes something like "Did an associate smile and greet you as you entered?"

How the heck do I know!  Everyone, thankfully, is wearing a mask!

Yes, it is possible to tell if someone is smiling by looking at their eyes, but seeing that isn't easy from across the store.

I'm a frequent flyer at most of those places, especially the mini mart/gas station, so I usually rate highly on the smiles.

I'll be so happy when this is over.  It would be so nice to see a real smile again.