Tuesday, June 8, 2021

Clay & Buck

 


A big radio syndication company called Premiere, has chosen its replacement for the late Rush Limbaugh.

Clay Travis and Buck Sexton take over June 21.

Travis has been doing a rather forgettable morning show on FOX Sports Radio for the past several years.  Travis knows his stuff, but it was a tough listen.  It just wasn't fun, and I couldn't take more than a half hour at a time.  I found the tone far too dour and serious for morning radio.

Sexton has been doing a conservative radio show for the past several years.  I admit I've never heard him.

The combination should be interesting and I'll give it a listen.

Many Limbaugh stations have turned over the noon to 3 time slot to local hosts.  Some have picked up a syndicated show by Dan Bongino.  I have to admit I haven't heard that one, either.

There's an old saying that cemeteries are full of people who thought they were irreplaceable.    This one is going to be tough.