Monday, June 21, 2021

Media Monday

 

CNN is airing a multi part documentary series on the history of the television sitcom.  I can already tell you how this is going.  Lucy, All in the Family, Seinfeld.  Two out of the three deserve recognition.

FOX and ESPN are said to be interested in the services of Robert Griffin III.  Published reports say there was an outstanding audition.  I'm intrigued.

I'd really like to get interested in the Tokyo Olympics.  It's just not there.  Maybe I'll be interested if some good stories develop and NBC manipulates its coverage less.

I'm sorry FOX has given up on golf.  Last week's US Open was on NBC.  FOX got hammered but it was nice seeing something beyond the tried and true.

Colbert and Fallon saw slight ratings boosts with the return of live audiences.  Now, only if they had better content...

Prompted by last week's passing of Frank Bonner, who played Herb Tarlek on "WKRP in Cincinnati..."  It really was an underrated series.

Kudos to "The Price is Right" and "Let's Make a Deal" for continuing to produce shows in this age of the pandemic and social distancing.  It will be nice to see audiences again.

They are horrible events, but I have problems taking my eyes off the screen when I see forest fire and tropical storm video.

They are on after my bed time, but it tickles me how ABC has found success with game shows in prime time during the summer.

I've been watching some "WKRP in Cincinnati" clips following the death of Frank Bonner, who played salesman Herb Tarlek.  It's tough to be the schlub in an ensemble comedy.  Bonner did a great job with the Herb character and his contributions to the show are vastly underrated.