Saturday, July 17, 2021

Andy's Angles: The Creek That Wasn't

 

The road to hell is paved with good intentions.

I had an idea for a blog header, and it was that little creek that flows through McDade Park in Scranton.  I ventured out on a morning after a heavy rain, thinking there would be a lot of water flowing down hill.  I could get a nice shot from the foot bridge that crosses the creek.  By the way, according to maps on the internet, the creek is called "Lucky Run."

Fail and Fail.

First, even though it rained heavily the night before, the creek was still rather lethargic.  I kept the shutter open for a couple of seconds, so what little water you see here is smoothed out a bit.

The second fail is that the foot bridge across the creek is gone!  It will be replaced.  There was some steel near by and you can see the newly poured foundation in the upper left of today's photo.

I'll be back.