Thursday, July 1, 2021

Hot

 

The second heat wave of the summer is over, thank goodness.  I have a feeling there are at least a couple heat waves ahead of us before summer lets go.

Some people like the heat.  Others don't.  Relax.  I'm not going down that road again.

I will offer a short story I first told here many years ago.

I was working down the street, covering a heat wave.  I was in my suit and tie.  We were in the LaPlume area, near Keystone College.  That's where we encountered a road crew working with hot asphalt.

I looked at one guy and I could see the look on his face.  I know he was thinking "Look at that idiot, out here in 90 degree temperatures in a suit."

I looked at him, thinking how rough he has it, working with steaming asphalt on a steaming day.

The moral of the story:  It's all a matter of perspective.