Saturday, August 7, 2021

About the Cover: Classical Gas

 



This month, we feature the plant in Jessup that turns natural gas in to electricity.  You can't miss it as you pass on Route 6.

I usually shoot it every fall, in the daytime.  This was my first trip here at night, and it is an impressive sight.

In the header photo, I have the shutter open for 30 seconds and it really sets off the lights.  Today's shot, the one you see above,  has the shutter open for only a fraction of that amount.

Below is a clean shot of the 30 second exposure photograph.

The project set off quite a controversy a few years back, and regardless of how you feel about it, you can't help but marvel at the sight.

By the way, I'm really running out of patience with the "Blogger" platform.  It reduced the size of the header image in the template.  There has been a fix, but it's not as good as it used to be.  I'm considering dropping header photos or going to another host.