Sunday, August 15, 2021

Andy's Angles: Ice

 

We just came through another spell of above normal temperatures, and that's okay.  It is summer, after all, and colder weather is ahead.

I thought I'd remind you of that today with a shot from the archives.  This is a picture of an ice jam on the Susquehanna River at Tunkhannock back in 2015.  There were fears the ice jam would trigger flooding, but it broke up and eventually moved down stream without a major incident.

My thoughts on winter?  I can deal with the cold.  There is a certain charm to a bowl of hot soup, and burrowing under heavy blankets for a good night's sleep.  However, I can do without the snow and ice.  Yes, winter is a package deal.

There is one consolation.  Time seems to pass more quickly as you age, so the winters don't seem as endless as they used to be.