Friday, August 20, 2021

Media Friday

 

I tried listening to one of those radio shows dedicated to gambling.  I lasted ten minutes.  It was awful.  Even though I don't gamble, I thought it might be entertaining.  I was wrong.

The "Field of Dreams" game on FOX received big ratings anf that made me happy.  Baseball has suffered so many self inflicted wounds lately.  The game needed a boost.

I still haven't jumped on the podcasting bandwagon, either as a creator or listener.  I do punch in Joe Snedeker's effort from time to time.  His talk with Carmella Mataloni was excellent.  

I do listen to Tony Kornheiser's podcast.  He does two or three a week.  It's an interesting show, and it has that live and topical feel.

I really haven't studied the fall TV schedule.  At first glance, there is nothing that really interests me.

Some pre season replays on the NFL Network caught my eye.  I am no longer a rabid NFL fan, but I did watch.  Maybe, it was it a pleasant reminder of fall weather and cooler days.

I do check out some radio industry web sites, and I see that several stations have flipped to conservative talk lately.  None are in our area.  Intriguing.

Let's hope the Britney Spears saga ends happily for all involved.  I've grown weary of the daily updates.

FOX, CNN and MSNBC still spend far too much time reporting on each other.  Stay in your lane!

Kudos to the journalists reporting on Afghanistan from inside Afghanistan.  I admire your dedication and your bravery.

CBS sold its landmark "black rock" headquarters in New York.  It will lease space there for two years while it looks for new space.  I understand why.  It still makes me sad.

"The Price is Right" is still entertaining as it heads in to season 50, but I really do miss the audience.