Saturday, September 25, 2021

Andy's Angles: Near and Far

 
I acquired a new toy several weeks ago, a 10-18 mm lens.  For my type and brand of camera, it does not get any wider than that.

Even though I've photographed the old train station, now a hotel is downtown Scranton many times before, I stopped by on a recent morning to put the camera and the new lens through its paces.  It was a great place to experiment and to test.

The shot above is pulled out all the way.  The one below, zoomed in all the way.


The reviews I read claimed this is not a good low light lens.  I got around that by keeping the shutter open for several seconds.  The lens is also not known for its sharpness.  It's more than acceptable for me.

It's a great lens to document things.  I have to learn to get creative with it.