Friday, September 24, 2021

Collector's Items

 

It's tough to pin me down on spending patterns.  If there is something I want, I buy it.  Camera gear is one example.

I can be really cheap in other ways.  I still have a tube tv.  My car is seven years old.  I have chest pains when I have to turn on the air conditioning.  I keep the heat down in the winter.  I have a drawer filled with mini mart/fast food napkins and ketchup packets.

Today's entry deals with envelopes.  I pay the vast majority of my bills on-line.  The bills still come with an envelope in case I choose to pay the traditional way.  I simply have the hardest time throwing away those return envelopes.  I have a huge stack, held together with an enormous binder clip.  I just can't part with them.

So, what are they good for?  I do use them to jot notes, and that's about it.

I'm just going to have to bite the bullet one of these days and toss the stack.