Friday, September 3, 2021

Relief!

 

Labor Day weekend is here, and that triggers mixed feelings among Americans.

Some are sad because this weekend marks the end of the summer vacation season.  Kids are going back to school.  A lot are already back.  Less daylight.  Cooler weather.

I like it for the same reasons, especially the cooler weather.

Fall is a great time of year.  Unfortunately, winter follows.  

We'll climb that mountain when we get there.

After this week, we can all use a holiday weekend to relax.

You might be wondering how I fared in the storm.  Bottom line:  It could have been worse.  I took a family member to a medical appointment in the morning, a 30 minute drive each way.  Hey people, slow down!  Visibility was awful.  Ponding on the interstate.  Most people drive like it was summer and 75-- 75 degrees and 75 miles per hour.

I had a social engagement in the afternoon, which was lovely.  Fortunately, it was only a two mile drive.  It was a short walk from the car to the restaurant and I still got soaked.

At home, there was a two minute power outage and super slow internet.  When I see what some neighbord endured, I have nothing to complain about.

I hope the start of the holiday weekend finds you happy, safe, warm, dry and well.

And don't forget, La Festa Italiana on Courthouse Square in downtown Scranton is back after a year off.  It begins today and wraps up Monday night.  The tents went up a couple of days ago.  It's a good chance to eat, listen to live music, people watch and just get out of the house for a while.  Enjoy!