Monday, September 27, 2021

#Sad... and Terrified

 

The crime triggered several emotions in me.  Shock.  Anger.  Fear.  Outrage.  And sadness.  Intense sadness.

Friday, four young people were accused of threatening to shoot up, and blow up their high school.  They had murder on their minds. One student had gone as far as collecting explosives, bomb making materials, and information on how to build more.

Innocent until proven guilty.

I cannot imagine what it is like to be a parent these days-- wondering if your children are safe as you send them off to school.

As I have said in this space before, I hated school, but I loved learning.

You just have to wonder how bad it must have been for these kids to contemplate doing such a horrible thing.

Two suspects are charged as adults.  The other two are in the juvenile system.  I would assume lawyers for the first two will try to have the cases bumped down to juvenile court.  It means their records will be cleared once they become adults.  I've seen these things many times before.  Expect all four to be analyzed and analyzed again.

It's called the "corrections system."  I just hope justice is done.  Punishment where necessary.  Rehabilitation always.

These kids are at a fork in the road.  It can spiral in to what will be a sad and horrible life.  They are also just babies.  Their lives can be turned around.

However, I can't stop wondering what started the path to evil.