Friday, September 10, 2021

Stuck!

 


It is a ritual of my September vacation-- a flu shot.

It started with an email to my mega medical group.  The reply email's first suggestion was to drop in to one of its no appointment necessary clinics.  I tried that.  I was informed it would be a two hour wait.

Are you kidding me?

The next suggestion, according to the email, was to call the main number and line up an appointment.  I called and the woman on the phone was kind, professional and helpful.  There was one problem:  she couldn't find the office that I visit for other medical needs.  After banging around her keyboard for a while, she came up with the necessary information.

We scheduled an appointment for the next morning.

The place is a factory.  I walked in at 8 am for an 8:10 appointment.  I checked in and sat down in a very crowded waiting area.  My name was called, I was in an exam room, I received my shot and I was back in my car at 8:08.

Call me cynical, but I am always amazed when things in the medical profession run on schedule, even more amazed when things go faster than anticipated.