Tuesday, September 14, 2021

Tuesday Scrapple

 

Kudos to the producers of "The Price is Right" for keeping the show fresh after 49 years, but why do they make every contestant hoot and holler like a nit wit?

Bank tellers don't get enough credit for what they do.

Derek Jeter received all of the attention at the Baseball Hall of Fame last week, but Ted Simmons' induction speech was outstanding and thoughtful.

Above normal temperatures in summer = bad.  Above normal temperatures in fall = good.

Whether or not you agree with his politics, James Carville is always a fascinating interview.

I might have said it here before, but it's worth repeating:  "I'm Not In Love" by 10 cc is a darned fine song.

Ten years after Tropical Storm Lee, I still get a sick feeling in my stomach.  This one was so bad, and it could have been even worse.

A great night's sleep is underrated and so elusive.

I'm not the NFL fan I used to be.  Far from it.  Very far from it.  But, I still get a twinge of excitement on opening weekend.

Eddie Rabbit said it first, but I love a rainy night-- as long as it's not too rainy.

We are only nine months in to the year, and I already have nine potential "Top Ten" photos for the end of year review.  I've been lucky.  If it's like last year, I'll have too many had have to throw in some honorable mentions.

An addendum to yesterday's blog entry:  I was feeling pretty good about the photos I took at the Agronish Motorcycle Run in Jessup-- until I saw Christopher Dolan's work on the Times ~ Tribune web site.  Dear readers, that is a photographer!