Thursday, November 25, 2021

Happy Thanksgiving


 I know I say it every year on Thanksgiving.  We all have something for which to be thankful, if we look hard enough.  I will admit there are years where it is really hard to find-- especially recently.

One of the things that drives me insane about the holidays is the expectations.  Not everyone can be with family, or have a family.  There isn't a turkey on every table.  Not everyone has that Norman Rockwell scene.  It's easy to get caught up in the cliche.  Don't become depressed if the season isn't what society expects.  It's still good, even if it is less than Martha Stewart perfect.

I take the low key approach.  Weather permitting, I'll play with my camera in the morning.  It's usually followed by dumping the pictures in to the computer for a little tweaking.  I also expect to work on this year's Top Ten photo collection.

Make the most of the day, and do the best you can.