Monday, November 22, 2021

Monday Scrapple


 I actually heard this on the radio on a recent Monday morning.  The announcer read a very old weather forecast and then said "Coming up, more on WXXX."  More what?  Nice way to engage and keep an audience.

I'm sorry I can't get there as often as I once did, but Corning NY really knows how to do the Christmas season.  If you ever get the chance, go there.  You'll love it.

The fact that a man and his daughter survived a plane crash one week ago is northing short of amazing.  So is the technology that allowed first responders to find them.

Underrated song:  Jackson Browne's "Rock Me On the Water."

I really miss the old CBS Sports logo.

There are plenty of work and school days between now and Christmas, but face it.  We all lack focus on our daily tasks with a holiday looming.

I was too young to fully appreciate the "Patty Duke Show." but I did get the concept.  Duke did a lot of 70's game show work, and was adorable in every appearance.

I say it every year.  Good luck to my radio brethren, forced to play a steady stream of Christmas music.  The day after the holiday must feel so good.

Who does every turkey cooked on tv look overwhelmingly greasy?

CVS closing 10 per cent of its stores, Dollar General expanding.  Americans have voted with their wallets.

Two types of hand sanitizer:  gel and liquid.  I've grown fond of the liquid.

The clip is on YouTube-- a long credit roll from David Letterman's "Late Show."  Has a talk show ever had a better band?  Easy answer.  NO!!!

Happiness is...  going to a national chain hardware store and actually finding the things they've advertised in the newspaper circular.  That has been rare in the last couple of years.  I'll have more on that soon.