Thursday, December 2, 2021

Taste Test: Dot's

 

I have to admit it was a new one on me.

I read Hershey's bought North Dakota based Dot's pretzels.  It's one of the fastest growing brands in the country although I'd never heard of it.

I was in a hardware store recently and there it was, on a shelf near the check out.  I just had to try it.

With apologies to my good friend, Kerry Kearns, here is my version of Taste Test.  By the way, Kerry, you are dearly missed.

Unlike traditional pretzels, these twists don't have salt granules adhered to the outside.  They are tossed in a dusty, stale tasting seasoned salt.

It's oniony, garlicky, and some flavors I couldn't discern.  It reminded me of that Lawry's seasoned salt, that contains a little of everything.

Keep the Colgate and Listerine handy after you eat these things.  The aftertaste stays with you for quite a while.

The cashier at the hardware store says she loves them.  I shared them with family members.  Thumbs up from them.  Not from me.

There will not be a repeat purchase.

Hershey, you should have stuck to chocolate.