Tuesday, December 28, 2021

Top Ten: Blue

 



This one really should be higher in the Top Ten, but it is my birthday, and I always try to choose a photo with a little more significance and personal meaning for the day.

Scott Schaffer and Sharla McBride used to have this thing, where they would color coordinate every day.  That was their thing.  It was cute.

Earlier this year, meteorologist Valerie Smock and I did it accidentally.  Blue tie.  Blue dress.  It made my day, and a team selfie, if there is such a thing, taken by Valerie, makes this year's Top Ten.

I lost my security blanket when Noreen Clark retired a few years ago.  For 20 years, I marveled at her enthusiasm and professionalism as she bounded in the office door at 2 am.  Valerie made the transition easy by simply being herself.  I'm lucky to work on the same broadcast with her.