Thursday, December 30, 2021

Top Ten: Downtown Streaks

 

The number two spot on this year's Top Ten list is actually a series, but a theme unites them.

The photo above gets in on a technicality.

Yes, it was taken in late 2020, but it didn't appear on the blog until January of 2021.  In my book, it qualifies.  It's my blog and I make the rules.

This is one of my overdone slow shutter speed shots, to capture the lights of passing cars.

The location:  Spruce/Biden and North Washington in downtown Scranton.

I tried it again.  Below is an early November shot, looking down on Lackawanna Avenue, from behind the Radisson.


And on the same morning in November, I was on the Harrison Avenue Bridge, looking down on the Central Scranton/Biden Expressway.  Downtown is in the distance.  Interstate 81 is at my back.


I've really grown to enjoy the technique, and I have some spots in mind to visit in 2022.  The shots really depend on the location and the amount of traffic.  The second and third photos were taken around 7 am-- a late sunrise as winter approached.  One of the reasons I like shooting at night is you really don't have to depend on the weather.

Tomorrow, it's my favorite photo of 2021.