Saturday, December 18, 2021

Top Ten Preview

 

As Jim Nantz of CBS Sports would say, it's a tradition unlike any other.

It's time for this year's countdown of my favorite photos.  Photos have been part of the blog since its inception 17 years ago, but this is the 13th year for the countdown.  It serves a variety of purposes.  One of them is to fill space as things slow down toward the end of the year.  Plus, it offers another look and a little perspective on some photos that have appeared here in the last 12 months.

As I always say, the Top Ten doesn't necessarily reflect the best photos of the year.  Some are clearly flawed.  However, they are photos that mean a lot to me.

This year is slightly different.  There are no screen grabs.  I took them all, except one, and that one will be clear to you.

As in recent years, there are a couple of honorable mentions-- decent shots that just didn't crack in to the Top Ten.  There will also be a one day break for Christmas.

If something big and newsworthy happens between now and the end of the year, I'll mention it here.  Plus, I still have Twitter, Instagram, and Facebook.

It all starts tomorrow.  Thanks for stopping by.