Friday, February 11, 2022

56

 

Super Bowl LVI is Sunday night in Los Angeles.  I'll be asleep during the game, and that doesn't bother me.  I haven't watched a Super Bowl live in more than twenty years.  If the game moves fast, I might be awake for the very end.

The Super Bowl returns to Los Angles, and it could be the last game the great Al Michaels calls for NBC.

Even though I'm a casual fan, at best, I'll offer my opinion, and I've had a fairly decent track record in recent years.  There is no magic formula when it comes to picking a winner.  I usually lean toward the team with the better defense.

While I wouldn't call Bengals/Rams a dream match up, it might be interesting.  Cincinnati is quite the Cinderella story.  Quarterback Joe Burrow is a fine young athlete, and I'm enjoying watching him do well.  The Bengals never gave me the warm fuzzies,  and watching Marvin Lewis do a lousy job for 16 seasons was frustrating.  I can't believe management stuck with him for so long.

There are some great stories on the other side of the field.  The biggest has to be quarterback Matthew Stafford.  He was a solid performer, stuck on a lousy team, Detroit, for a very long time.  Gee, that sounds familiar.  Be that as it may, even though Stafford had some quality numbers for Detroit, he still has a lot to prove.

So, here is my prediction.  Los Angeles has the better defense, plus, it's a home game.  They win, and cover the spread.

Good luck, enjoy the game, and as always, spare me the discussion on tv commercials.