Saturday, February 19, 2022

Andy's Angles: Magnificent Desolation I


 
Apollo 11 astronaut Buzz Aldrin referred to the surface of the moon as "magnificent desolation."  The same can be said of a Pennsylvania winter.

This is the time of year when you start looking for color, for signs of spring.

Unfortunately, it was another week where I didn't have time to dedicate to a real photo expedition.  We'll have to settle for the rhododendron bush in the front yard.

I twisted on the 50 mm lens, which isn't the best for macros, but it worked.  Here is a bud, just waiting for springtime warmth and sunshine.

f stop here was 5.0, and it was successful in getting some background blur.

A coworker, also known as Wolfie, is trying to get me interested in macro.  This could be the year.  While the blog is a lot of landscapes, trains, and light trails, I hope to mix a macro in once in a while.    In fact, one of the top photos of 2020 was a macro, and it is one of my favorite shots.


I fear it will be a while before the rhododendron blooms.  I'll be ready with the camera when it does.