Sunday, February 27, 2022

Classic Andy's Angles: Port Jervis II

 

This weekend's trip down memory lane isn't just filling space.  It was triggered by an actual news event.

The Dining Car Society is moving its collection of classic rail cars out of Scranton and to a new historical site and museum in Port Jervis, New York.

I visited the Port Jervis site in the fall of 2013, back when it was just a weedy, trashy, neglected area with the remnants of a burned down round house and a turntable.

I took the above the below photos.
There was some interesting stuff here nine years ago, but it looked like a place where bodies are discovered, so I snapped my pics and shot out of there.

As I said here before, I'm sad Scranton is losing those rail cars, but it's good to know they will be in a place where they will see a lot of attention and interest.

A trip to the east is in my future.