Friday, February 18, 2022

Friday Scrapple

 

Let's knock off some random thoughts as we head in to the last long holiday weekend of winter...

NBC's Olympic ratings are soft, and that's being kind.  I get that.  Compelling stories are few and far between.  You never know where to find your favorite sport.

NBC's Super Bowl rating was through the roof, and I get that, too.  It was a good game.

I didn't watch it and I don't care.

I never touch the radio dial when a Melissa Manchester song comes on.  Magnificent voice.

Her food is nothing to write home about, but Molly Yeh on the Food Network is one of the most charming and endearing personalities to appear on that network in a very long time.

There is always a sigh of relief when the last of the paperwork for tax time comes together.

The CNN saga becomes more bizarre on a daily basis and it's sad to see the turmoil at a once stellar organization.

A warm sweater on a cold day is so comforting.

Less than one month to Daylight Saving Time.

Any time of year is a good one for ice cream, even though I rarely indulge these days.

Is there anything better than a good Texas weiner?

Advantage of the overnight shift:  I slept though Valentine's Day.

Three Oscar hosts?  A good host helps move the broadcast along, but the real strength of Oscar night is the movies, and I don't detect any "grabbers" this year.