Wednesday, February 16, 2022

Half

 

Super Bowl LVI is in the books.

Rams 23, Bengals 20.

I predicted a Rams victory.  Win.

I predicted they would cover the spread.  Lose.

I wouldn't have complained if Cincinnati won.  I've always had a soft spot for underdogs, having spent a lot of time in that position.

Los Angeles is an easy team to dislike, mainly because of the way ownership screwed the people of St. Louis out of a team.

You do have to feel good for Matthew Stafford.  Solid quarterback, who was finally surrounded by a decent team.

My streak continued.  I didn't watch one second of the game.  I slept through it, and didn't even listen to the end on the car radio on my way to work.  That is in spite of being a big Kevin Harlan fan.  I learned the outcome by asking Ally Gallo when I walked in to the newsroom at 10 pm.

I cared nothing about the commercials and I cared even less about the half time show.

I did catch some highlights the next morning, and golly, Al Michaels is so good!

NBC tweaked its graphics.  Nice, but nothing great.  I still think FOX has a better look and ESPN isn't bad.

Speaking of TV, and I've been meaning to get to this for a while, Kay Adams has really become one of my favorites.  She handles her often inarticulate and rambling co anchors so well on the NFL Network's "Good Morning Football."  It's clear the woman knows television and she knows football.

By the way, "inarticulate" and "rambling" are not opposites.  You can talk for hours, and still come up with nothing of value.