Wednesday, March 23, 2022

Loose Wednesday

 

Just a little housekeeping, concerning previous topics,  before we move on to other things...

It's silly explaining this to you because you're already here, but in case you forget, the blog link on WNEP.com has been restored.  It got lost in the shuffle several months ago when the station's web site changed, but everything is fixed.  The link is on my bio page.  A huge thank you to the people who made it happen.

This is the last time I will visit this topic for a while.  You may remember, I was astounded Joe Buck, who already makes a ton of money, gave up Super Bowls and World Series for a chance to call a mediocre slate of Monday Night Football games on ESPN.  Buck explained the move gives him more family time, and he does have young kids.  I get that.

Al Michaels goes from NBC to call Thursday night games for Amazon.  I'm a Michaels fan, but I'm not paying to watch football.  Mike Tirico is the new NBC Sunday night guy.  Competent, but I don't like his voice.  It's a moot point.  I'm asleep Sunday nights, anyway.

I'm not anti Wordle.  On the contrary.  I'm in favor of anything that expands the mind.  I'm not a fan of scores on the internet.  There were TV game shows with the same concept, and one is coming back soon.  I thought the best of the previous lot was the Chuck Woolery version of "Lingo" on GSN.

It has been previously noted that I was a huge fan of TV game show host Tom Kennedy, and I thought one of his best was "Split Second."  It aired for three years on ABC.  You had to be smart and fast, and the bonus round was great.  Anyway, March 20 was the 50th anniversary of its premiere.  This one is long overdue for a revival.