Tuesday, April 19, 2022

Parrothead Not

 

A new Margaritaville themed resort is planned for the Poconos, and I think that's great.  Jobs.  Tourism.  Economic boost.

Will you see me there?  The Magic 8 Ball says "severely doubtful."  I don't dislike Jimmy Buffet, but if I hear "Margaritaville" and "Cheeseburger in Paradise" once year, that's more than enough.

Here is what really surprised me.  When the news broke Monday morning, several of the younger people on the newsroom staff erupted with squeals of delight.  I expected "Margaritaville in Monroe County" would appeal to an older crowd, and I was wrong.

Is it the music?  Is it the yummy combination of fruit juice, sugar and tequila?    Is it flip flops and pop tops?  Is it lettuce and tomatoes, Heinz 57, French fried potatoes, kosher pickles and a cold draft beer?

We'll know the answer when the place opens in a couple of years.