Thursday, June 23, 2022

Crossing the Road

 

A fast food chicken sandwich chain recently opened a store relatively close to me.  You couldn't get near it for months.  The drive thru line stretched around the building and the lobby was always filled.

I was on a quick shopping trip last week, and I was shocked by what I saw.  The place was practically deserted, and lunch time was fast approaching.  Apparently, the novelty has worn off.

I should add that I am familiar with this chain's products, having stopped at other stores, in other states, while on vacation.  I was a fan.

I breezed through the drive thru, got my sandwich, potatoes, and drink, and circled back to the parking area to dine.  The soda was mostly ice, overwhelmingly so.  I did enjoy the chicken sandwich and fries.

As I munched away, one thought dominated my mind.  It wasn't as good as I remembered.  The place where the little red haired girl works makes a better chicken sandwich.