Sunday, June 26, 2022

Fore!

 

I have a passing interest in golf.  I do know the major players, and there is a little time spent in front of the television.  It usually happens during the Thursday rounds.  Work and sleep keep me away from TV for the rest of the tournaments.

The American players defecting to the Saudi tour is interesting.  Show me the money!  While there are moral and ethical issues here, it has to be very difficult to turn down money that guarantees the financial security of you and your family-- forever.

American players heading to the new tour opens up a lot of opportunities for the other players.  It opens everything up to new names and faces, and that's good for the game.  The PGA is also upping purse money, and that's good, too.

There has been a lot of screaming about it on radio and on the internet.  However, I really don't think the average fan cares.

One other note before the "publish" button is hit for the day.  Former Baltimore Ravens lineman Tony Siragusa died Wednesday.  Only 55.  Very sad.  Big skills, big personality, big popularity.  Siragusa did some television work after retiring.  I can't say I was all that impressed.  He did make an impact on a lot of people, and I'm sorry he's gone.