Wednesday, July 13, 2022

Give Me Some Credit

 

I attempted to use my Macy's credit card to buy something on line a few weeks ago.  Declined!  The company deactivated me because I hadn't been using the card.  Hello!  The pandemic closed your store for months.  I called to get reactivated and was told I have to reapply.  Pass.  I'll take my business elsewhere.

Sears did the same thing.  At least, that company had a good excuse.  It closed almost all of its stores.

I've always been a "cash" guy, especially for small purchases.  Unfortunately, my favorite mini mart is constantly understaffed, forcing me to head for the self service machines, more often than not.  I hate whipping out the card for a $ 1.69 soda, but if it gets me out the door faster...

You never know when a Big Mac attack will strike, and I found myself driving through at 2:30 AM on a recent morning.  Apparently, Ronald was having computer and/or internet issues.  The disembodied voice over the speaker asked if it was okay to pay cash. Of course it was.  By the way, the Mac was awesome.

I've had a few gas station credit cards, even before the current situation arrived.  Being a frugal lad, saving a few cents on a gallon was appealing.  By the end of the year, I will have saved enough for a stick of gum.  Juicy Fruit!