Monday, August 8, 2022

Follow Up Monday

 

REVISITING AND UPDATING SOME EARLIER TOPICS...

I made it three and a half minutes into Keith Olbermann's first podcast.  That's longer than I expected.  The man is exceptionally talented, but his rants get old fast.

Temperatures are coming down a bit, and it's not fast enough.

The first half of hurricane season was unusually quiet, but the season is still not at its peak.  Still, the forecast issued several weeks ago is suspect.

For a change, my radio rant isn't about things local.  I was listening to one of the New York all news stations the evening of July 29.  The anchor was giving the baseball scores backward.  For example, "Kansas City 0, Yankees 3."  This wasn't a fluke.  I heard her do it again!  It just made me sad.

Klondike is considering bring back a limited supply of choco tacos.  Maybe, I will get to have one some day.

In the past, I've mentioned the "summer doldrums."  It's a slow time in the news business.  Those days are long gone.  It's something new, and often something tragic, every day.

A major national newspaper company says it will undergo significant cost reductions.  I have the feeling this doesn't end well.