Monday, August 22, 2022

Monday Scrapple

 

It has nothing to do with the rush to fall, but put the words "pumpkin spice" in front of anything and I immediately lose interest.

There are few things more satisfying that nailing a Final Jeopardy! answer.

I've noticed some empty shelf space in supermarkets recently.  I thought the major supply chain issues were behind us.

One of my summer regrets:  I didn't eat enough ice cream.

Even though I'm a big Tony Shalhoub fan, every episode of "Monk" looks exactly the same to me.

My yearly flu shot has been scheduled.  It's only a couple of weeks away.

I was really hoping for cooler weather by now.

I sat in the back yard Wednesday afternoon and watched the leaves fall.  It was wonderful, as always.

The PGA/LIV golf tour bickering leaves me flat.

I haven't seen many bees and butterflies this summer.

There is another attempt to pull CNN back to the center.  Once you earn a reputation, it's hard to turn the ship around.

I do keep an eye on the baseball standings.  What's with the Yankees' collapse?

Politics, both locally and nationally, is heating up, and that's always entertaining.

Big Ten:  Huge TV contract with FOX, CBS, NBC and Peacock.  As if we needed more proof that college sports is big business.  Some games are headed to streaming, so get ready to open your wallet.

It's so much fun to say "La Festa Italiana."