Tuesday, August 9, 2022

Tuesday Scrapple

 

Over the weekend, Pete Rose proved he is still Pete Rose, a hopeless boor.  Baseball is better off without him.

It's amazing that with so many problems in the world, we are all extremely concerned about the fate of the Choco Taco.

There was a huge discussion of the snack known as Bugles in the office the other day.  Love them or hate them.

I usually start generating a little interest in the new NFL season around this time of year.  I just can't muster up the excitement.

No, I don't want a blizzard.  But, I don't want any more intense heat and humidity, either.  As long as they aren't severe, summer thunderstorms can be a thing of beauty.

In a recent blog rant concerning a lack of courtesy on the road, I neglected to mention the needless high beam issue is getting worse.

A pleasant bank teller or store clerk can make your day.

Vin Scully wasn't my cup of tea, but I did enjoy listening to Al Michaels and Bob Costas talk about him last week.  There is also a delicious You Tube clip of Scully and Dick Enberg reminiscing about the old days.  Enberg died in 2017, and I always felt he was vastly under rated.

I am not one for crowds and noise, and you won't catch me at a county fair.  However, I do enjoy the news stories and watching the video.

A local volunteer fire company recently held a chicken barbecue, and the town smelled great.

FOX Sports released a list of its NFL announcing teams.  Some familiar names.  Most unfamiliar.  Thje next generation has arrived.

I can't believe we're already talking about the Pittston Tomato Festival and the Little League World Series.