Wednesday, October 19, 2022

A Really Big Shoe

 



One of the signs of advancing age is becoming ecstatic overt the most mundane things.

I bought a pair of shoes several years ago.  Not a real shoe, and not a sneaker.  It's somewhere in the middle.  I guess you would call it a "walking shoe."  Comfortable is an understatement, and by the way, it looks nothing like today's graphic.

Unfortunately, the stitching on one shoe came loose because of repeated wear, and I put them aside.  While I was straightening up the other day, I looked at those walking shoes and said "I really should have them fixed."

It was off to a repair shop the next town over.  The owner, who I've dealt with many times before, said it was doable.  Just come back in a couple of days.

Even though it was a short amount of time in the shop, it seemed like weeks.  After all, I was getting a favorite pair of shoes back.  They were ready when promised, and I couldn't wait to go out the next day and wear them.

Yes, they were as comfortable as I remember.  Walking was a wonderful experience and my feet didn't feel horrible at the end of a long work day.

It doesn't take much to make the old man happy.