Monday, October 17, 2022

A Slice of Amazement

 

I couldn't believe what I was reading in the newspaper.

A pair of chain take-out pizza stores had to close recently because demand was so great, they ran out of product.  Supply chain issues also played a role.

Are you kidding me?

This is the mass produced chain stuff!  It's average, at best.  I always call it, and the other chains "pizzas of last resort."  They are the ones you get when you are in a super hurry and you can't easily find anything else.  I'm not sure if it's still the case, but this chain used to use a conveyor belt oven to cook its product.  Great for consistency.  Bad for everything else.

I'll eat it.  I'm okay with it.  It can be tasty.  I don't love it.  I can't believe there was a run on it that was so severe, the pizza stores had to close early.

What makes this even more amazing, both chain stores are in communities where it is easy to get amazing pizza.

A co-worker suggested I add video to the blog and make it a vlog.  If it was up and running now, you would see me crying and shaking my head in disbelief.